Thursday, December 14, 2006

More Lefse Follies

This past weekend Marci and I decided to try the lefse making one time on our own... just for kicks. Hmmm.... How soon we forget. We made three double batches and managed to roll out and grill two of them but energy was subsiding and so I left the rest of the potato mix (sans flour) to do on my own later in the week.

We spent a couple hours on Saturday mixing the potatoes and visiting and knitting and blogging (some of my favorite things) and then as a sort of bizarre treat we dished up bowls of some of the potato mixture and snacked in the living room while we listened to John Legend on CD.

On Sunday we worked for about three hours and while we differ in our styles of rolling and grilling, I think our lefse turned out pretty well. Of course, my apartment still smells of potatoes days later.


Then on Wednesday just as the floury potato smell was beginning to fade I turned on the grill and added the flour and started to grill the lefse rounds in the final batch. I was pleased that the entire process of kneading and rolling and grilling and packaging took only two hours and I decided to leave the mess for later. I still have dishes piled high and a fine coat of flour covering everything within a 20 foot radius!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must really love that stuff!

banjo bandida said...

Your lefse looks really good. And I'm impressed with your knitting too.

Carm said...

It's not so much that --I-- really love "that stuff," more like I had to find something to bring to TWO different potlucks this week and this seemed to be an easy solution.

Thanks Sarah, the lefse did turn out pretty well and the knitting IS tons of fun (and addictive, too!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin