Thursday, December 28, 2006

Of Christmas Parties and New Recipes ....

One of my favorite things to collect during parties and gatherings are new recipes and this year during vacation I was determined to try each one. First I made biscotti from a recipe I got from Pam. It seemed so easy; I guess that was my first warning. I made it to go with coffee when my Midwestern Position pal, Sara, made an in-person appearance at my apartment for a morning coffee the day before she had to head back to PA. The visit was great... the biscotti was not. I am determined to try again and when I have it mastered I'll post the recipe and pics.

In the meantime I'll post a yummy low-cal fruit dip I acquired at a holiday party I attended for the readers theatre group. It was a great time and so fun to hear the stories of a new crew of friends. I may be the youngest one there but it's far from a dull time. One couple were former owners of a square dance supply store. I love that. They talked about how back in the day there were square dance clubs and groups that met regularly... and they sold all the music and outfits anyone could want. I haven't square danced since one fall retreat back in 1993 and before that grade school. Something in me sparked and I just can't get it out of my head how fun that would be to try again. For now, I experimented with the dip. After all, I don't have an outfit to wear!


Low-Cal Fruit Dip

Mix the following three ingredients well:
1 package of sugar-free vanilla instant pudding
3 oz. of orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cups of milk

Fold in 8 oz. (or 1 cup) of low fat plain (or vanilla) yogurt --don't use a mixer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin