Thursday, November 10, 2005

Knit to be Square

A few weeks ago I was inspired by a coworker to seek out some knitting remediation. I learned to knit in 5th grade (yes, all the cool kids were doing it!) from my Grandma. Unfortunately all I could manage to do was create little scarves for my Cabbage Patch Kid. I rediscovered the love in an instructional article in Rosie magazine several years ago. Since then I have progressed to making rather ugly scarves for adults. I have only bestowed one of these on anyone... It served as an amusing gift for a friend whose birthday is May 30. I am reluctant to invest in "nice yarn" or buy any other supplies until I am certain I can handle the challenge. Thus, the book. I purchased it online almost two weeks ago. Yet I am still waiting for it to arrive. The anticipation is killing me. Soon I will put my meager knitting & purling skills to some purpose and maybe I'll cross this off my 101 list. Just for fun.... Here are some famous knitters: (see it is cool to knit!)

Audrey Hepburn

Gromit (Wallace and Gromit)

Frances McDormand

Eartha Kitt

Katharine Hepburn

Madame DeFarge

Dorothy Parker

5 comments:

E.Louise said...

Like it - my housemate wants to set up a craft club and call it 'stitch n bitch' - this will have to be their handbook! Lately I'm into crocheting hot water bottle covers much to the amusement of everyone, it seems. I for one think they're cool :)

Carm said...

Well, if I had a hot water bottle I'd want it to have a crocheted cover made by you...

E.Louise said...

why does that sound like a back-handed compliment? ;)

marvin said...

Hey, you forgot Daryl Hannah!

Carm said...

I didn't forget... I had to stop somewhere... Debra Messing, Betty Ruble, the list goes on....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin