Wednesday, November 30, 2005

knitting pretty -- thanksgiving fun


Thanksgiving was a typical day-o-fun at my mom's.... we ate our traditional turkey fare at 1 pm and by 2:30 almost everyone was snoozing... I, on the other hand, was oddly awake and trying hard to learn how to knit. I discovered that I am total crap at figuring out how to do things with my hands based on drawings... I truly need a live teacher who can observe and correct me... I think I have a left-right deficiency or something. I need remedial knitting class. Hmmm....

I tired of my "knot" so great efforts and hit the theatre in order to see RENT. I loved it. Of course, by this point I knew the story well, and the songs too... so it was just a treat to see another version of a musical I like. And it's about friends. It made me miss mine. Though, I have had the rare treat of having two far away visits in the past month.... Heather from Portland and Cindy and Cathy (and Shane) from Big Timber, Montana ......... as well as a couple long and satisfying conversations with my friend Julie in Ohio. Reading E's "Town and Country" blog entry today made me rather nostalgic. (I'm the girl in green... ) Sigh.

1 comment:

E.Louise said...

Made me nostalgic too :) And I should have added 'trying to teach you to crochet' to my list! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin