Saturday, November 26, 2005

Autumn Art Auction

A few weeks ago I had a rare opportunity to attend the North Dakota Museum of Art's annual autumn art auction (How's that for alliterative?) with my friend Barb. It was a switch from my typical Saturday night and I was surprised to discover how many people I actually knew there. Approximately 35 original works of art were auctioned. Of course my budget didn't allow for me to pick up any pieces for my home but I had my eye on a few. Some of the pieces are pictured here.

Beginning at 6:30 PM with live music, hor d'ouevres and wine, Barb and I mingled and took in the art and atmosphere.

Full Moon, the wood, paper, paint piece featured in the wall's center is a creation by the Bemidji artists picured below.

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Marlon Davidson and Don Knudson and taking in the auction experience while chatting with them. What a rare treat.

A view from above.

Fixed Growth by Greg Blair (cottonwood framed by poplar)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin