Saturday, November 05, 2005

Halloween -- the party -- the costume

Things have been busy.... It turns out I DO have a life outside of the blogger sphere... Finally this week might be a chance to catch my breath. First thing. Halloween. A terrific holiday. I love an opportunity to "play dress-up" as an adult. I planned to see Corpse Bride as a way of celebrating but that didn't happen and then it was gone from our theatre... perhaps I should get over to see Wallace and Grommit before it gets away too.... I struggled with the costume idea... might not have bothered at all but I was invited to a party so it was a must. In the past I have pulled off Mary Poppins, Princess Leia, a nurse, Miss Towner County, and more... This year I contemplated Lucille Ball (no shirtwaist dress or red wig), Olive Oyl (decided I'm not skinny enough), and finally settled on Aphrodite, Greek goddess of love.... Here's a pic.

5 comments:

Carm said...

Aren't you sweet? Yeah, I liked my smile in that picture!

E.Louise said...

like the arm thing :)

Carm said...

Thanks Em. Did YOU see Wallace and Grommit yet?

marvin said...

In retrospect, perhaps Olive Oyl would have been the wiser choice after all. Clearly, if any proof was ever needed that the ancient Greek Gods were "real," one only needs to marvel at the power they retain, after all these centuries, to confound the lives of those who would choose to mock them. :-)

Carm said...

I guess one ought to be thankful I wasn't dressed as Artemis... goddess of fertility. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin