Monday, August 08, 2005

Japanese Cooking 101

















Friday afternoon, I was met with a rare opportunity to learn how to make several Japanese dishes from my friend Anna. I realize, a little too late now, I should have invited my anime/manga/Japan-obsessed younger sister along. Oh well. We made two kinds of sushi rolls, California roll, and Inari sushi (tofu pouches). Not only was the preparation a new thing for me, I had never tried the tofu things before, never used much wasabi in the past, and the pickeled ginger in the center of the plate packed a punch to the taste buds.

This darling case is a Hello Kitty item meant for this very purpose... transporting a small amount of sushi for lunch or later... the top of the case has a space for your chopsticks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin