Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Friends and Seinfeld and Muppets, Oh My!

I am sooooo excited. I just discovered the release of The Muppet Show Season One for sale on DVD. Why do I have this urge to purchase favorite TV shows on DVD for future viewing? I am guessing it's a little like the sentiment expressed in the Lemonheads song "The Outdoor Type" when they defend their reason for not being the "outdoor type," they sing "What if something's on TV and it's never shown again." I am aware that several DVDs have existed with compilations of the "Best of the Muppets" but this is the real deal. The whole shebang. It seems that I ought to be able to stop this TV series purchasing once I own all the Friends and Seinfeld seasons, and now all The Muppet Show seasons... Though, perhaps in this case, I'll be satisfied with only one season. Still, it looks as if the episode with Debbie Harry is not on there and I really loved that one. When I was watching that VH1 special on the 70's they had a small bit on Kermit the Frog and The Muppet Movie. They interviewed Kermit and he talked about how that was the movie that captures how they all met and got their start. Then they asked him about his famous song, "The Rainbow Connection" and showed a clip. He had a few words to say but admitted that "it's hard to sing when it's a fake rainbow behind you." You gotta love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, weren't we just discussing the Muppets last weekend & lamenting that they're not shown anymore?? What a find! :-)

Carm said...

I know... I bought it and I've already watched the first four episodes! Yippee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin