Sunday, May 02, 2010

NDRA Conference Presentation Fun

On Friday I presented a session on using picture books in the secondary classroom. It turns out I had more material than time but I managed to squeeze it all in. I hope folks took something away with them. I am cuckoo for picture books and I am sure that showed!

My pal Andrea and I had the pleasure of presenting a session together yesterday at NDRA on Creating a School-Wide Reading Initiative. It was loads of fun to talk about getting kids motivated to read and all the great YA books available to keep them engaged.

Friday, our luncheon speaker was Jacqueline Woodson and she read from a variety of books. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of her work, but I want to now!

Jeff Wilhelm's presentation on Teaching with Inquiry blew me away and got me fired up for fall. The whole perspective shift and re-framing lessons just makes so much sense when it comes to teaching. This was my conference highlight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin