Saturday, May 16, 2009

My First Bike Ride of the Season

May is Biking Month and this is the first time I've managed to get out there. It's hard to believe my bike even works with a chain that rusty. She's resilient, that old gal. It might have helped if I'd brought my bike inside for the winter.

Today also marks my day one in a new round of "The 30 Day Shred." I've been inspired by some Facebook friends and so here I go again. I am afraid the combination of my DVD workout and about 5 miles of bike riding may be enough to make me sore tomorrow, but it's a good "sore" so I'm not going to complain. I promise.

I can't buzz around on my bike without my camera and so I managed to get a few shots of some lovely spring tulips. Mother Nature is slow to wake up this year. But things are just now greening up quite nicely.

These remind me of some Sci Fi creatures...
slowly unfurling ready to take over the world.

Tulips in love.

Buttery, sunshine-y joy.
They just seem happy, don't they?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin