Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Hurts So Good.


After listening to my friend Julie talk about doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and how it really kicked her butt, I decided to learn a bit more. Then I just went for it and picked up a copy at Best Buy. I actually dislike home workout DVDs. I buy them or try them and it's usually a one time deal. Either they are boring or too difficult or too long or whatever. This one is perfect for me. And I knew it as soon as I read the description. First of all it's not all dorky and dancey. And next the warm up sequence is brief. I really don't like spending 10 minutes warming up, it just seems like a waste of time.

"Each workout is based on Jillian's exclusive 3-2-1 Strength/Cardio/Ab training circuit: Three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute of ab work. There is also a brief warm-up session and a cool-down stretch."

After a brief warm up do this 3-2-1 circuit three times and then cool down. It's simple and yet obviously works since today I can barely walk. Granted, I've let my muscles atrophy blogging nonstop all of July, but it's still impressive.

I'm going to try my darndest to do this workout daily and see if I can notice any progress beyond the incredible pain of rebellious muscles. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin