Friday, May 01, 2009

And I'm OFF.....

Because I'm a Title I Reading Teacher I get the wonderful privilege of attending the International Reading Association's Annual Convention. I've done this once before in Orlando, Florida a few years back. But that trip was funded by me. Yikes. I'm amazed at how expensive it all is.

Still it's always a terrific experience. The presentations about best practices for reading, the authors who are there talking or doing book signings, the exhibits where publishers are handing out free books --free books!

Looking at the program, I'm overwhelmed by all the choices and often there are two or three for each time slot that I simply cannot choose between. I'll try to do some updates as the conference progresses. I'll be officially starting that at 8 am on Monday morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin