Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Mediterranean Blend spread, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage or 1/2 tsp. dried sage leaves, crushed
In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Mediterranean Blend spread spread over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender. Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend. Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 440, Calories From Fat 120, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 70mg, Saturated Fat 660mg, Total Carbohydrates 47g, Sugars 2g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 33g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 15g, Iron 6g
Original recipe can be found here.