Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This is Not a Post.


Peter Kuper presented at the UND Writer's Conference a few weeks ago. Salman Rushdie was only one of many great authors who visited Grand Forks. Kuper is an artist and graphic novelist. I have to admit after reading one of his books I was wondering how he was going to do a "reading." Of course, it wasn't your traditional appearance and instead he displayed art in a slide show/power point format... art from books, his political comix magazine WWIII that has been around for about 20 years etc... much of it was political and there was a definite perspective and message being put forward by Kuper. Of course the theme of the conference was "Revolutions" and so his work and choices tied right in. There were no bunnies and puppies and so forth. This poster I have displayed her is one of my favorites. I would have considered buying a print but they were out of my price range. Yikes. Still for more of his work, click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin