Sunday, April 06, 2008

More Minipops Tribute.




Oh, Minipops, how you've expanded my world. I was searching for trivia ideas online and something reminded me of the song "Brown Girl in the Ring" from the Minipops album I had a child. I find it hard to believe there is a song called that. But, it turns out it's a popular Jamaican game and the song has been covered by Raffi as well. The popular version that would have been on the airwaves when the folks at K-Tel and Minipopland decided to add that to the song line up was by a group called Boney M. These folks really know how to dress. Wow. If you liked this you can hear them perform another hit from the Minipops album called "Daddy Cool" right here.

2 comments:

E.Louise said...

You don't know how spooky it is that you posted this today. But you will. Is this the cover of your mini-pops album?

Sara said...

Goodness. I was always jealous of Shelly's Mini Pops album. I loved it. I loved "My Boy Lollipop" and "Video Killed the Radio Star".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin