Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer's Fleeting and I'm in Another Meeting....

Today began the first of my back to school inservice meetings, ushering in the end of the summer. Good-bye free time. Some people, teachers, kids admit in hushed tones how they are "tired of summer" and are a little "eager to be back." I must say, that has NEVER been me. I enjoy this blissful taste of early retirement a bit too much. Growing bored is never a problem. In fact, I find I still don't have enough time to get done all the things that require getting done. I should have been shopping for a new car this summer or at least repaired my brakes and changed my oil. I have knitting goals that weren't met. I have books in a stack I've not even touched. I have two half done book club titles I may never finish reading, at this rate. I have weight loss plans that I was just getting started on. Now I feel I've run out of time. Summer's done and my chances for many of my plans seem to be over. It's just too much to cram into my day in addition to the full time job and then some, my life becomes next Monday. So farewell, you perfect 77 degree days with your light breezes and me with nowhere I need to be. I'll see you again next summer.

3 comments:

E.Louise said...

What? 77 degree days and light breezes? Where was I then? I must have blinked and missed those in the unending no-breeze plains heat.

Carm said...

Yesterday, my sweet. The weather was perfection.

E.Louise said...

Well I'm glad you got one day of it before the snow sets in...dear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin