Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Naked Truth


Our first day we stocked the refrigerator and settled in to Emma's apartment, but we couldn't leave it at that. Instead we enjoyed the shops of Fort Langley, visited her campus, and then headed off to the beach following the British culinary delight of cheese on toast! After all, I was treated to the best weather Vancouver had to offer while I was there.

After consulting the guide book I discovered Vancouver has a nude beach... something called Wreck Beach near the university. Instantly I was filled with a desire to check it out... try out nudity on the North American continent... or at least wander around nonchalantly on a clothing optional venue. On my list of 101 things to do is to visit Black's Beach in San Diego, so I figured this might come close. Quickly I realized that even more incredible than going to this beach would be if I managed to talk Emma into it.

We spent our afternoon at White Rock instead. Sampling the best ice cream on the boardwalk and strolling along the pebble strewn beach, mucking about in the seaweed laden sand as the tide rolled in. I contemplated reading but the sun was too hot and I was too tired and so I settled for a great game of knock over the stick or whatever it's formally called. Apparently I am good at this game... but not too bright since I believed that the winner of each round was the one who had to get up and move the stick. Hmmmm.....



1 comment:

E.Louise said...

Cheese on toast WITH branston pickle. Very important. And knocking over the stick is an important Brighton tradition we have now imported, as opposed to balancing rocks on each other, which is the tradition in Vancouver city.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin