Saturday, August 04, 2007

Previews Do Their Job.

After my recent foray into the theatre I am now eagerly anticipating these movies--but trailers need to STOP showing so much of the movie.... go for the teaser approach, people. I don't want to KNOW all the best bits before I ever see it.
August Rush
Aside from loving Freddie Highmore, it just looked like a fun movie. I'm not a huge Keri Russell fan, but Jonathon Rhys Myers is pretty cool. And it's about music and family and belonging.

The Golden Compass
Loved the book. Delicious. And Nicole Kidman seems perfect for the role of Mrs. Coulter. And Eva Green plays the Finnish witch. And the armored bear seems perfectly done. I hope it's as good as it could be. The books are splendid.

Enchanted
This one seems uttlerly ridiculous in a Kate and Leopold way without the Hugh Jackman and Meg Ryan charm, but it's the fairy tale stuff that always gets me. Plus Amy Adams was delightful in Junebug.

Stardust
This one is based on a Neil Gaiman book and I've heard good things about some of his stories. Of course, this picture comes out the soonest and yet seems like it might not be my thing. Nevertheless, I do want to see it.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age
I need to see the first Elizabeth. But she appears to kick some ass in this one.


Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Finally this one is another kid's story that seems almost TOO much. Yet, the inventiveness of the toys seems sort of Willy Wonka like and who can argue with that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin