Monday, August 13, 2007

My Kind of Town.

Aside from the mountains obstructing the view, and the forest fire smoky haze in the air, Missoula seems to be alright! To illustrate that point. Read on. The following is a very loose re-enactment of a conversation potentially overheard while strolling about the downtown of Missoula.

Me: If I had to live in Montana, I think it would be in Bozeman or Missoula. Probably Missoula.

Em: Why?

Me: I like the look of the people on the street. It's more my style. I like the stores. There aren't so many cowboys.

Em: Why live in Montana if you aren't into cowboys?

Me: I said 'If I HAD to live in Montana.'

Em: MmmmHmmmm.

------------------------------------------------

Of course we didn't just explore cool bookstores and funky clothing shops. We also had some tea! Go figure. This time we tried the truly cool Liquid Planet. While it didn't have a small town neighborhood feel to it... it was a bit more slick and beautiful... it had a uniqueness and class that would keep me coming back for more. They sold wines in addition to all kinds of coffee and tea accessories. It was hot beverage heaven.

From there we wandered into a nifty tea shop across the street called Butterfly Herbs. It had floor to ceiling of shelving with glass jars filled with loose teas and more. My favorite herb was called Everlasting Life.

And yes, apparently in honor of the new commemorative postage stamps some of the local post boxes have gone all R2-D2. Like I said, Missoula is cool!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin