Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Movies to See

I haven't been to the theatre in ages and ages and so today I saw previews for several movies I am now interested in seeing. Don't trailers always make movies look appealing? (trailers available at all four sites)

Here are the four that caught my attention.



Casanova -- From the director of Chocolat and starring Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller, Jeremy Irons, Oliver Platt, and Lena Olin.



Aeonflux -- starring Charlize Theron.... finally an animated video-game girl brought to life to rival Angelina Jolie in her Tomb Raider disappointments (though I rather liked the first one... well, at least it made me want to get in shape)



The Family Stone -- From the director of Sideways and with a cast like this, I can't wait. (Claire Danes, Sarah Jessica Parker, Dermot Mulroney, Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Craig T. Nelson, Luke Wilson)



Memoirs of a Geisha -- I've had the book for ages and always thought we might read it in book club. I might have to give it a go before the movie hits the theatres. It looks beautiful. This film stars Ziyi Zhang (House of Flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin