Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Three Thoughts from T-Rah to Brighten my Day

Setting: crowded coffee shop

I am browsing the DSM-IV looking to see if I have any disorders. Vaginismus sounds like a good one. T shoots me a handwritten slip of paper... three thoughts to turn my frowny face into one filled with mirth and glee (what follows is what she wrote)


1. Today at school little Adam said to me, "You didn't brush your hair or decorate your eyes today."

2. Last night during Nat's power hour, completely drunk at 12:35 am she said this, "I can drink cause I took a pregnancy test and it was positively negative."

3. Every once in awhile the man over there whips out a hunk of wood (actual tree bark, you sicko) and starts carving with this miniscule knife. It looks like a "carve by number" because he is following along in a book.

3 comments:

marvin said...

Vaginismus, eh? Never been there. Is that the little piece which separates the Gulf Stream from the Great Sargasso Sea? Are the canals all wide and deep there? After Kra and Corinth, my next choice would probably have to be the Tehuantepec isthmus; I vacation there every third Christmas. It's located in the luscious lower loins of the Lovely Land of Enchantment!

Carm said...

Hey, Marvin, I think that third Christmas is coming up!

Carm said...

Uh... I actually looked up Vaginismus... and strike that... it sounds like a TERRIBLE disorder... give me Tourette's Syndrome any day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin