Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cute as a Button

I was just listening to NPR the other day and heard about Jay Shafer and his tiny house company. I found it intriguing and promised to look into it... then I promptly forgot all about it.

Today in my Daily Candy e-mail, he was featured (do you suppose they listen to NPR as well?). I wonder what Thoreau would have thought of these houses... (far too elaborate, I'd imagine--though I'm sure he'd support the idea that "less" is where it's at) Something about these little living spaces makes me think of him. I love them. But anyone who knows me knows that while I long for simplicity I travel with a suitcase just for my shoes. I don't travel light and I don't live "light" either. Perhaps my thrill with these houses has more to do with the little girl in me wanting to "play house." I am a little afraid of being a property owner. So much commitment. But this... a shoebox disguised as a house I might be able to handle... as long as I had another house for all my stuff... a small warehouse on the grounds? Check out the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin