Monday, September 05, 2005

.... my home and native land....

I wanted to post today. I had the day off. I have a list a mile long of great topics. I have funny ones. Informational ones. Even some pictures. But there's one thing I can't get off my mind.


An idiomatic phrase.


I wasn't satisfied a week ago with the way things have been going here in the US to say the very least. (Iraq, Supreme Court nominees) Go figure. Now, I actually feel hopeless and depressed for the the state of our country (Katrina aftermath, gas prices) and for its impact on the world. I wanted to rage earlier but a few e-mails later that anger was spent... no, I didn't write to Dubya... I figure enough other people are doing that. It's not as if that has any impact anyway. Instead I ranted to at least one sympathetic listener (and registered voter). Now, I just feel sad. Hurricane Katrina's relief ribbon is black and it's not (as some might believe) because every other color was taken. I think it's symbolic. It represents a dark time in our history. I wonder what it's like to live in Canada..... I already know their national anthem.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin