Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Bookish Blogs

Picture Book Report is a new blog featuring artists who are setting out to illustrate beloved books. I am so excited to see what emerges. So far the following artists and books have been introduced and they've produced a book plate for their title and explained why they chose the books they chose.

Contributors:
Andrea Kalfas -- Tarzan of the Apes
Daniel Krall -- Robin Hood
Israel Sanchez -- Where the Red Fern Grows
Jeremy Sorese -- A Wrinkle in Time
John Martz -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Julia Sonmi Heglund -- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
Lizzy Stewart -- Ella Minnow Pea
Meg Hunt -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
PMurphy -- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
S.britt -- The Bremen Town Musicians
Sam Bosma -- The Hobbit
Will Bryant -- Peter Pan and Wendy
Kali Ciesemier -- still to be named
Laura Park -- still to be named
Phil McAndrew -- still to be named

----------------------------------------------

I freakin' LOVE this blog--Coverspy. A team of publishing nerds hit the subways, streets, parks & bars to find out what New Yorkers are reading now.

Their posts consist of the cover art to each book spied in a day and a brief description of who was reading it and where. For example:

Chronic City, Jonathan Lethem (M, 28, beanie, blond w beard, sitting in corner 2-seat, Lethem F train car) http://bit.ly/8zHG4g

Both of these blogs are inspirational to me. I would love to be able to illustrate a favorite book. I am not sure which one I would choose. Maybe Pippi Longstocking. And I would like to become a team of one and start noting every book I see being read around town just for fun. I so love that idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin