Thursday, February 04, 2010

Coming Soon... The 82nd Academy Awards

Can't wait for the Oscars... Check out the official site. Should be fun with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin hosting. Though I will say, I think it's a bit silly that there are TEN nominated films in the best picture category--were there any films that DIDN'T get nominated for best picture? Oh well. I always enjoy the Academy Awards but I have to admit I've not seen enough of the films or of the films I've seen I've not loved them enough to feel passionately about any of them. As I write this, I have a copy of The Hurt Locker and Bright Star waiting to be watched so maybe I'll soon be eating my words. Happy Movie Month, friends!

A List of the Nominated Films
(minus the shorts which I rarely get to see)
(films I've seen are listed in green)

Ajami
Avatar
The Blind Side
Bright Star
Burva VJ
Coco Before Chanel
Coraline
The Cove
Crazy Heart
District 9
An Education
El Secreto de Sus Ojos
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Food, Inc.
The Hurt Locker
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Il Divo
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
In the Loop
Inglourious Basterds
Invictus
Julie & Julia
The Last Station
The Lovely Bones
The Messenger
The Milk of Sorrow
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers
Nine
Paris 36
Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire
The Princess and the Frog
The Secret of Kells
A Serious Man
Sherlock Holmes
A Single Man
Star Trek
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Un Prophete
Up
Up in the Air
Which Way Home
The White Ribbon

82nd Academy Awards Printable Ballot

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin