Thursday, January 28, 2010

Land of the Lost



Land of the Lost

This month seems to be full of me trying to recapture the media messages of my youth. I remember watching the original Land of the Lost on Saturday Morning TV as a child.

Of course, I don't really remember much other than the sort of silly effects and the creatures known as the Sleestaks. The 2009 film version is more a parody for adults of the original more adventure genre program for kids. I appreciated some of the humor and I always love the acting of Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies, Much Ado About Nothing), but mostly I thought this film was dumb.

Here's a bit of the original -- it's dumb too, and I think I even knew that as a kid, but it was still fun to watch:


LOTL - Chaka

Sid and Marty | MySpace Video

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin