Sunday, August 09, 2009

Let the Sun Shine In -- Hair

Last Friday night, Pam and I attended the Crimson Creek Players performance of Hair at the Empire Theatre. Since it's one of my favorite musical soundtracks I got a big kick out of it. I had to resist the urge to say, "oh, I love this song" or "this is my favorite song" to about half of the songs in the show. Truly, though, my favorites tend to be as follows:

Aquarius
Air
Ain't Got No
I Got Life
Hair
Manchester, England
Easy to be Hard
3-5-0-0
Good Morning, Starshine
The Flesh Failures (Let the Sun Shine In) as the final number is very moving and powerful every time I hear it...

I recognized a number of the cast members from other local productions and I have to say that Jared Kinney did a fine job as Claude and Tyler Rood's Margaret Mead performance was priceless. Of course, they were all terrific, but those were two of the standouts for me.



Here's the link to the new Broadway version of the show with some clips too.

Here's a link to some of the history of the musical.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin