Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wine Times

On Saturday, my friend Faye invited me and Cynthia and Pam to join her in bottling her wine at Vintner's Cellar. I'd heard about the place and had tasted some of Faye's wine before. This time she got a merlot and we were on hand to be part of the whole bottling process. We drank a little while we worked and even got a bit silly with some wigs. Why there were wigs there, I am not sure...



Step one: Clean the bottles.

Next fill them with wine. For some reason this made me think of milking a cow. Something I've never done before, so I don't know where that came from.

Step Three: Measure for cork space and remove extra wine... right into our glasses.

Step Four: Grab a cork and put the bottle in the corking machine.


Step Five: Apply labels and top seals.

Voila!


All pretty in their boxes. It was fun, but I'm not sure I'd want 30 bottles of one kind of wine unless it was absolutely my favorite wine ever...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin