Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Love Lists

I'm a to do list kind of girl. I also like record keeping and personal statistics. Off and On since grade 5, I've kept lists of the books I've read and in more recent years the films I've seen. I've made lists of favorites songs, all time favorite films and so forth. I was just reading Jessamyn West's blog and was struck by this chunk of data from one of her posts focusing on her reading records in 2007:

number of books read in 2007: 53
number of books read in 2005: 86
number of books read in 2004: 103
number of books read in 2003: 75
number of books read in 2002: 91
number of books read in 2001: 78
average read per month: 4.4
average read per week: 1
number read in worst month: 1 (November)
number read in best month: 9 (March)
percentage by male authors: 78
percentage by female authors: 22
fiction as percentage of total: 63
non-fiction as percentage of total: 37
percentage of total liked: 89
percentage of total ambivalent: 11
percentage of total disliked: 0

She is a girl after my own heart. This just seemed wonderful. I think, my reading in 2007 has been sub-par but it would be fun to do something of the sort for the movies seen in 2007. Perhaps I will. [update: I did make a list. Check it out here.]

In the meantime here are my 2007 reading stats:

number of books read in 2007: 37
average read per week: 3.08
percentage female authors: 46%
percentage male authors: 54%
percentage rereads: 22%
percentage young adult: 28%
fiction as percentage of total 73%
nonfiction as percentage of total: 24%
percentage of total liked: 70%
percentage of total ambivalent: 30%
percentage of total disliked: 0% (the ones I disliked I didn't finish)

I don't have my 2006 data handy for comparison. bummer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin