Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mmmmm ... Magazine.

I don't know much about Rachel Ray. I've not watched her on TV and I don't really care to. Instead I have found in her magazine, a treasure trove of delicious and fun recipes to try, complete with full color pics that encourage me to experiment. I don't subscribe to this, but our school library gets this one and so I copy all the recipes I like or find them online at her website.

Last year's goal was to make a new recipe every week and I did well in short bursts of creative cooking energy. But I came nowhere near my goal. The trouble is once I discover a recipe I really like I tend to want to make it again and again and I get sidetracked. Also new recipes cost a lot in unfamiliar ingredients. Still, I press on. I love to eat and I like to try new things. I'm not a "natural born artiste" in the kitchen, but I can typically follow a recipe. Sort of.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin