Sunday, January 14, 2007

Knitting in the New Year

I've been a busy little beaver with the knitting this month.... or should I say... little bunny... and my projects are multiplying like so.....

Meet my "Big-Bottom Bunny"

I also decided to try some more felting.... Using my leftover wool from the knitting needle case and purse I made an MP3 player case. It was pure experiment and the knitting part I did in about 20 minutes. The felting took more time than that!

My Creative Zen Cozy

Then I had to try to figure out how to fasten the pouch... I contemplated another crocheted button loop or maybe some velcro but I feared my precious cargo slipping out and crashing to the concrete proving fatal to my MP3 player. Instead I decided to learn how to install an eyelet (Who knew you needed a special tool to do that?) and engineer some crafty way to securely close my MP3 cozy!

Finally I created a scarf and mitten combo for Marci's daughter Sophie. Her sister has a scarf like this made by a beloved cousin and when I saw the exact yarn I just knew I needed to get it for her. Originally I was going to have Sophie make her OWN scarf, since she's learning how to knit but when I discovered how truly tricky it can be to knit with "confetti yarn" I decided to do the project myself. In fact, I got a wee bit carried away by the extra yarn and had to make cuffs for those 99 cent gloves you can buy at Target... with my luck Sophie's fascination with Lucy's scarf has long passed.... either way, it was a fun effort!


Pink and Purple Confetti Scarf for Sophie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me Carm - she'll love it! :)

Anonymous said...

The gloves are soooo cool too - you continually amaze me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin