Saturday, January 27, 2007

I Didn't Even Place at Regionals....

Yep. You guessed it. I was an FFA loser. And strangely enough, all the other factoids are completely true.

I auditioned for a film produced locally and turned down the option of being part of the chorus and basically having one line.. however I recently learned that I am in the credits because my audition footage was used... maybe? I haven't seen the film.

Dancing with the Stars is only the adult version of my dancing-lust. I may not be all that great myself, but I've always dreamed I could be. Solid Gold was just the start. They sure don't look quite as "cool" in the picture....

I have a hair appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. I expect I'll simply "trim" my hair... maybe a few inches. It's getting a bit "shaggy."

And last night I brought an open liter bottle full of rum to church. Well, not to an actual church service but I did have it sitting out in the open in the fellowship hall. Part of our weekly trivia team, the Mixed Nuts, decided to take part in a trivia fundraiser for the local city-wide children's choir. It had a Caribbean theme. I couldn't resist. The trivia element featured ten rounds of trivia... we did not do well. However between a few rounds we could identify title and artist of a few songs... we managed to snag three of the those prizes between us... Pam won me this groovy Superman placemat. And for correctly knowing that The Lemon Pipers sang "Green Tambourine" I won a set of three Hello Kitty plastic figures that exemplify the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil postures. I think I would have rather won the grand triva prize of $350 or whatever it was.



The other upside to the evening was that to truly fit the theme I dressed in as tropical of clothing as I could find in the middle of January. Fortunately I had these flip flops in my drawer with my swim suits. So, yes that is ME standing in the SNOW in my flip flops. It almost looks fake it's so sparkly and light in its new-fallenness... One thing is certain... it was damn cold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin