Saturday, September 09, 2006

Steve Irwin (1962 -- 2006)


I was very, very sad to learn that Steve Irwin died this week. I've always had a soft spot for the Crocodile Hunter. He seemed so enthusiastic about everything he did... a man radiating energy and daring. He had a zest for life. I guess those are things I admire. They say the stingray is rarely deadly and that it was a weird chance that it got him right in the heart. Well, life is funny. But I'm not laughing. My condolences go out to his family and everyone he worked with. Crikey, Steve, you'll be missed!

2 comments:

E.Louise said...

Apparently people are killing stingrays, possibly as revenge. Bit stupid, and I highly doubt Mr Irwin would approve.

Carm said...

How sad... we were just talking about him today and someone just had to say... "he's been asking for it for years"

Before I could say a word, a fellow at my table said, "Still his death, it was a fluke."

I couldn't resist.. I said, "No, Luther, it was a STINGRAY." I think my sense of humor is a wee bit fishy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin