Friday, September 22, 2006

Carm-ka-boom and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

How can I even begin to explain the crappiness of my day... let me try to "sum it up."


Meet the alarm clock that didn't wake me....






And the phone call that did...
Mine wasn't so much a "wake up call" as a "Why aren't you at work?" call

I showered, tossed in the contacts, pulled on some clothes, brushed the teeth and hair and was at work in 15 minutes...
only ONE HOUR LATE.
(apparently I needed 10 hours of sleep last night!!!!)



11:00 AM

One of our custodians informs me I have a flat tire... a VERY flat tire.

He finds a way to fill it for me and gives me a ride back from the service station where I dropped my car on my lunch break... His help was the highlight of my day.


2:00 pm
The phone rings and I learn my tire is patched and by the way......

"We've identified that "death rattle" you asked us to check out when you came in. It was the sound of $650.00 being handed over to us.... evil laugh."


"You see, you poor stupid girl who only buys ridiculous cars that require nonstop maintenance and repair, it appears that you have a problem with your exhaust system and your catalytic converter is on the verge of becoming clogged as pieces of it crumble."

"What will happen if I DON'T fix the problem?"

"Eventually it will become fully clogged and then you could cause damage to your engine."



Then I hung up and started to cry.
In front of students.

I am not financially READY to buy a new car... (maybe in about 9 months) and I am sick of having to repair something MAJOR on my car every 6 months... I mean... two starters, the electrical system, body damage, windshield, new gas tank, signal light controls, power steering, new transmission, brakes and countless blown tires..... Need I go on?

I don't have an answer... hence the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I think I'll move to Australia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That day is very terrible and deserving of the 'no good' label. I am sorry you had such a bummer of a day. Go ahead and wallow. A good wallowing can really help. Knowing you, in time, you will be able to look back on this and see a silver lining.

Carm said...

Thank you. to you and to Katie (via email)... who were sweet and willing to indulge me in a "pity party."

I woke to sunshine today and that always helps and so far my decision about my car is to do nothing for the time being. We'll see how long denial can last!

Meanwhile, I am going shopping for an additional alarm clock this weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin