Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dancing with Football Stars



Well, I thought it was sort of "cute" last season when Jerry Rice tried to prove himself on the dance floor during Dancing with the Stars (a fairly addictive show, if you enjoy dancing). This season another football star is putting on his dance shoes and let me tell you, I am impressed. Emmitt Smith. Wow. Who knew?

His score this week was disappointing, especially when I thought it looked pretty good. The judges crabby-ass attitude about lifts is sort of annoying and I wonder why all the professional partners seem to be choreographing these when it gets such a severe scolding from the judges. Certainly Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence are leading the dance floor but Monique Coleman is right there with them when it comes to skill and style... but they are not winning over the judges with their choices in routines. Meanwhile, I am not blown away by Vivica A. Fox (Her dancing seems sort of heavy and less graceful than I want her to be) but the judges seem to be in love. Could they be scared? She did kick some butt in Kill Bill.

Oh my goodness. I just realized that YouTube.com has some of the dance performances in case you missed any.

Here's the Dirty Dancing Rendition from last season performed by Cheryl Burke and TonyDovolani.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin