Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Toe Trouble

Sometime in the middle of July I had an incident. This is not so uncommon. According to my mother, this sort of thing happens to me all the time. Apparently I spend a lot of time running around "half-cocked" and am in "too much of a damn hurry." Well, those things are true in this case. I was moving a lazy boy chair while barefoot and I pretty much caught my left toenail nearly ripping it completely off. I think if toenails had "roots" I would say it bent backward forceably separating from my toe and even pulling a corner of it out by the roots. There was blood gushing from every side of my sad little nail that snapped back in place and sort of floated atop my tootsie. Once I stopped screaming I ended up at my neighbor's apartment across the hall begging for some hydrogen peroxide to pour over the wound. Amy kindly minstered to me and I went home to cover it with a bandaid.

Now, weeks later, the nail had re-adhered to my toe and I was just waiting for it to decide to fall off. Unfortunately I was getting careless. Yesterday on my way out of town I reinjured the toenail by jamming the top of it just slightly and now it's loose and bleeding again. Sigh. Oh and it hurts like a mother. I've been encouraged NOT to display the worst pics of the injury.

By the way, I'm in Sioux Falls for a few days.... Be back on on the blog sometime this weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin