Monday, July 11, 2011

A Handful of Highlights from the Tour of Friends

Me in Sioux Falls, SD

Rebekah and Jenny at Utopia cafe at the Falls.

Josiah teaching me how to play Settlers of Catan
(He also taught me the basics of chess.)

An afternoon of visiting with the Jenny (i)s.

Me and Ang

Delicious cafe in Rock Valley, Iowa

Levi and Me taking off

A view from the cockpit

A yummy breakfast in Hospers, Iowa

In the center of the street sits an elaborate patriotic statue

Loving the library here in Hospers, Iowa.

Impressed by the Meteor they have on display

Despite the heat, the awesome pool in Hospers was mostly empty.

Cinco de Mayo in Orange City, Iowa

One more in a series of MANY margarita shots
over the past decade or so. It had to be done.

The pool in Sioux Falls was plenty busy.

The boys

the girls

A more posed reunion shot of the whole crew. So, my school didn't manage a twenty year high school reunion like one might expect. Instead I had a 19 year reunion of my college pals. I think this worked out pretty well. We met up in Larchwood, Iowa and neither of the boy or girl action shots were comprehensive in the kid count but were still reflective of the good times that were had by all. Good food, good conversation. Frankly, I would have driven the 5 hours just for a round of hugs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin