Saturday, December 18, 2010

How Do You Know

How Do You Know (2010)

For the first time in a long time I saw a movie on its opening day and I really enjoyed it. How Do You Know's star-studded cast was only one level of appeal. The writing was great, which translates--somewhat quirky and unpredictable. Ebert didn't love it, but I thought it was 3.5 stars at least. I realize it's a bit shallow but there are such gems in the film that I forgive its weaknesses. Lisa's (Witherspoon) reference to Bambi, George (Rud) literally running away from bad news, Matty's (Wilson) unbelievable apartment fully stocked with all the amenities of the one night stand and the scene at the hospital. Watch it. See if you agree. If you, like me, have been waiting for a romantic comedy worthy of the Nora Ephron legacy this one comes close.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin