Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Solstice.

I have a fascination with the equinoxes and solstices. I'm a time oriented girl who operates on many schedules and calendars -- the school year, the fiscal year, the passage of the moon and the broader calendar nature provides with the equinox and the solstice.

Those happy seasonal landmarks draw nearer the days I'm longing for or grant me the satisfaction of knowing that I'm saying goodbye to the days I want to be done with. The winter solstice smacks of the latter. I find that dark mornings make it increasingly difficult to leave the shelter of my cozy bed and I crave morning sunlight. What's funny is that Dec. 21st is the first day of winter, but for me it's a reminder that each day's dose of sunshine increases from that point forward. The Winter Solstice reminds me that spring is coming...nearer and nearer every day and that seems like a reason to celebrate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin