Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Look

So yesterday was Mick Jagger's 67th birthday and what do I do? I celebrate by looking at You Tube clips of Marianne Faithfull. Naturally. :) You can listen to her songs here on her site!

Though I am not over the moon in love with all her music, I love her trainwreck of a voice and how she managed to become two different singers in about 15 years due to what--smoking, drugs, wild living that left her a shell of her former self. Hmmm... that might be an exaggeration, but she IS a fascinating woman and one would be a fool to ignore her resilience and her relentless pursuit of a career in both film and music.

AND she's got "the look," to quote Roxette. I think she's quite beautiful at any age and couldn't stop myself from watching interview after interview on You Tube. Good stuff.

Set the time travel dial to 1962 Greenwich Village... or maybe 1967 Monterey... 1965 in London. I am convinced I should have grown up in the midst of the 60s music scene; I would have been a totally different person. Or maybe the same person with a totally different set of experiences. Sigh.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin