Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Mambo King or Emmitt Smith, How I Love Thee.....



Dancing With the Stars is a little something I enjoy each week. Now, don't get me wrong... I pretty much can't stand either host or any of the extra stuff, but the dancing is first rate. (I record the show on my DVR and then fastforward all the parts I don't like) I am constantly impressed with the ability of the celebrities to learn new dances each week and then perform at the level they do. I can tell a lot of people think this is the Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez show... but I could really see Emmitt Smith winning it all.

I do love "Slater" and he is pretty amazing on the dance floor. And yet, I have to say that the total package is Emmitt. Not only is he fully committed to the dances, he is articulate in the interviews. He's a nice guy and serious and sexy too. That man can really move. I think America is seeing him in a new light and discovering that there is a lot more to this football player. He's an athlete, sure, but his versatility is evident and he seems to be able to juggle his career, his family, and now this, with what appears to be ease. In the end, I think that's what makes him really great. He seems so focused, controlled and relaxed all at the same time. When he is dancing I see grace and power, and there is no doubt that he knows what he is doing and he's REALLY doing it. I wanted to show a friend one of his dances on You Tube and I couldn't decide which one... I find that I love them all. Just talking about this makes me a little weak in the knees.




Awww heck... check out ALL the performances here.

2 comments:

banjo bandida said...

I think Emmitt is adorable....and I'm a total sucker for the latin dances.

Anonymous said...

I never watch this show, but the clips are great. He looks to be having so much fun. He is a natural.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin