Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Making Music.... Mouthing Off

Last night was my second week of harmonica lessons. I am taking a continuing education class and so far I've learned how to suck and blow. Hmmmm... My colleague, Marcia, and I are learning together and it's a hoot. We have a variety of ages in class... it ranges from a nine-year-old boy to a 93-year-old man. Right now, I am mystified by the concept of bending notes and in figuring out how to play single notes (do I pucker or tongue slap?). I think I may need remedial harmonica but so far we ARE having fun. Today in the lounge, Marcia was telling animated stories about class and kept using the terms "suck and blow" and I finally said perhaps we should say "draw" instead of "suck" and she grinned and she said... "Sure, and soon enough we'll all be saying... Man, this really draws!" (a little harmonica humor there for you!)

1 comment:

E.Louise said...

Ok this time I definitely must resist the obvious humour.
I love classes like that - one day I'll be in one place long enough to learn to suck too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin