Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cooking Classes Continue

I think my last cooking class was a few weeks ago but I am a bit behind. After having three classes I am convinced I can make some of these dishes and one of the things we made this time was a favorite for me: vada (potato balls) Our instructor refered to it as "street food" the sort of thing that is bought while strolling in the streets from vendors... sort of like Indian fast food. She said they are served on buns but I can see them being eaten plain as well. We also made a delicious cilantro chutney and palak paneer (spinach and cottage cheese/paneer) and naan (North Indian bread) which typically requires a clay oven. We learned how to make our own garam masala or what it looks like if one just buys it at the store. We also learned how to make paneer using milk rather than buying it from the store. Frankly in both cases, buying it from the store seems worth the extra money. Here are some in progress pics of the making of vada.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin