Sunday, January 15, 2006

Best of 2005 -- My Favorites ............................ (not to be confused with the official best as determined by folks who know better)

First off, let me explain.... I am not the Academy determining the deserved 2005 winners of anything... instead I am merely reviewing all the things I've watched in 2005 (some of those are 2004 films ... I know, I know) and many of the things released in 2005 have not made their way into my life yet. Therefore they will likely be contenders for the "best of 2006" a year from now... it's just the way it is. Since you are only privvy to the summary of things seen since July you'll have to forgive me that. One could take the number of films seem between July and December and multiply it times two and imagine that from that number emerges these greats... However that would be flawed because in January of 2005, alone, I watched 34 movies. I have a sickness. I realize this. The total number of films viewed by me in 2005 is 163 (give or take a few, sometimes I forget to write them down). Of that number....

These are my two ABSOLUTE Favorites:





Crash
Me and You and Everyone We Know ..... Read more here





My OTHER Favorites (in no particular order):

RENT ......... Read more here and here
The Life Aquatic
Finding Neverland

Garden State
Million Dollar Baby ........ Read more here
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Kinsey ...... Read more here
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ........ Read more here
Napoleon Dynamite








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin